Alarming Facts about Home Burglaries
Home is meant to be a shelter, keeping dangers at bay and allowing absolute peace of mind. Unfortunately, home burglaries have been increasing dramatically. This leaves room for uncertainty and fear, rather than safety. Let’s have a look at some alarming facts, having to do with home invasions. These facts can act as a wake-up call, motivating you to protect what is dear and precious to you.
- 3 out of 10 burglaries start from an unlocked door or window: Criminal rates are already high; you should not make it even easier for burglars to break into your home and add you to the statistics.
- An average burglary lasts up to 10 minutes: Yes, even if it sounds impossible, burglars get in and out of your home way sooner than expected. They know where to search and how to complete their work super-fast.
- Most burglaries take place in broad daylight: Despite what most people would assume, burglars do not wait for thick darkness to strike. On the contrary, it turns out that most burglars work full-speed from morning till early afternoon. This is when they find homes to be less safeguarded, apparently.
- Proximity is key: How sure are you, when it comes to your neighbors? According to research, many burglaries are planned (and executed) by people who live close by. It is better for criminals to act on the safe side, than look for uncharted territory.
- Burglars avoid security systems: This makes perfect sense, right? When a burglar realizes that a house has upped its security through a cutting-edge system, he weighs pros and cons. And most likely than not, he moves on to the next house.